‘The Good Man Guide’ — Steps To Become The Perfect Man
‘The Good Man Guide’.
The text in bold is a parallel guide on how to be a ‘Good Man’ on the same lines as the ‘Good Woman Guide’ (Text in normal font)
A good woman makes a good wife and a good wife becomes a good mother.
A good mother gives birth to a good child. If you want to be one emulate these steps below:
A good man makes a good husband and a good husband becomes a good father.
A good father helps the mother in raising a good child. If you want to be one, emulate the steps below:
1) Never raise your voice for any reason at your husband. It’s a sign of disrespect.
1A) Never raise your voice for any reason at your wife. It’s a sign of your high male ego or extremely uncouth nature.
2) Don’t expose your husband’s weaknesses to your family and friends. It will bounce back at you. You are each other’s keeper.
2A) Don’t expose your wife’s weaknesses in front of your family and friends. Help her get over them with your support and encouragement. You are each others’ keepers.
3) Never use attitudes and moods to communicate with your husband, you never know how your husband will interpret them. Defensive women don’t have a happy home.
3A) If you feel your wife isn’t directly communicating with you or is moody, try to figure out what her problem is, communication is key. Do not make your own interpretation. Couples having healthy conversations have a happy home.
4) Never compare your husband to other men, you’ve no idea what their life is all about. If you attack his Ego, his Love for you will diminish.
4A) If you don’t want to be compared with other men, never compare your wife with any other woman either. It works both ways.
5) Never ill-treat your husband’s friends because you don’t like them, the person who’s supposed to get rid of them is your husband.
5A) If your wife feels your friends or the company you keep isn’t healthy, ask her why to hear her out. You need not cut your friends out of your life, but having a rational conversation hearing out both sides is recommended. She would feel included in your life decisions too. Also, don’t dictate who your wife should be friends with.
6) Never forget that your husband married you, not your maid or anyone else. Do your duties.
6A) Never forget that you did not marry your wife only for her to do the duties of a maid or a cook. You are equally responsible for contributing to the household chores.
7) Never assign anyone to give attention to your husband, people may do everything else but your husband is your own responsibility.
7A) Never expect your wife to take complete responsibility for taking care of you. She will be there for you, but you are a grown man, for God sakes. Take care of your own damn self, don’t expect everything to come to you on a platter.
8) Never blame your husband if he comes back home empty-handed. Rather encourage him.
8A) Both you and your wife and responsible for earning and running the family together. Nobody comes home empty-handed. It’s a joint effort where there are equal contribution and wise monetary decisions which leads to happiness.
9) Never be a wasteful wife, your husband’s sweat is too precious to be wasted.
9A) The only way your sweat could be precious is if you sweat buckets of friggin’ diamonds. And what on earth does a “wasteful wife” even mean?
10) Never pretend to be sick for the purpose of denying your husband’s right. You must give it to him how he wants it. It’s very important to Men if you keep denying him, it is a matter of time before another woman takes over that duty. No man can withstand starvation for too long (even the anointed ones)
10A) Ever heard of “NO MEANS NO”? If it’s that easy for you to find a replacement for the so-called “duty”, threatening “starvation”, you deserve to be denied “service” everywhere and die of hunger.
11) Never compare your husband to your one-time Ex-lover. Your home may Never recover from it if you do.
11A) Same goes for you. Remove jealousy out of your dictionary permanently.
12) Never answer for your husband in public opinion polls, let him handle what is directed to him although he may answer for you in public opinion polls.
12A) Who are these people conducting public opinion polls? Curious to know.
13) Never shout or challenge your husband in front of your children. Wise Women don’t do that.
13A) Shouting is not recommended for anyone irrespective of gender. And Never lay autocratic rules for your wife. Real men don’t do that.
14) Don’t forget to check the smartness of your husband before he checks out.
14A) Don’t bother checking the smartness of your wife. She’s got enough of it. Except for the brief moment when she decided to marry you. Probably was a brain fade.
15) Never allow your friends to be too close to your husband.
15A) Even if your friends hang out with your wife, she won’t become unfaithful if she’s happy with you. If you have insecurities to merely let your wife and friends socialize, you have either bad friends or some serious trust issues.
16) Never be in a hurry in the bathroom and on the dressing table. Out there your husband is always surrounded by women who took their time on their looks.
16A) Slow claps for this one. Ideally, this should work both ways too, so work your bottom off in the gym. Never be in a hurry. Give your blood and sweat to get that ripped body with a six-pack. If you come out looking anything less than a Greek God, remember, out there your wife is surrounded by men who took their time in developing their brains with thoughts so high, you can’t even see them from where you currently stand.
17) Your parents or family or friends do not have the final say in your marriage. Don’t waste your time looking up to them for a final word. You must Leave if you want to leave.
17A) If it doesn’t work out even after sincere efforts to make it work, and only causes unhappiness, it’s time to move ahead.
18) Never base your love on monetary things. Will you still submit to him even if you earn more money than him?
18A) Will you still love her even if she earns way more money than you? Or would that burst your inflated ego?
19) Don’t forget that husbands want attention and good listeners, never be too busy for him. Good communication is the bedrock of every happy home.
19A) Don’t forget that wives need attention and good listeners too, never be too busy for her. Good communication is the bedrock of every happy home.
20) If your idea worked better than his, never compare yourself to him. It’s always teamwork.
20A) If your idea worked better than hers, never compare yourself to her. It’s always teamwork.
21) Don’t be too judgmental of your husband. No man wants a Nagging wife.
21A) Don’t be too judgmental and dominating with your wife. No woman wants a control freak husband.
22) A lazy wife is a careless wife. She doesn’t even know that her body needs a bath.
22A) A lazy husband is a careless husband. He doesn’t even know that his body needs a bath. He might even roll in the mud. Now you know where “Men are pigs” comes from.
23) Does your husband like a kind of cooked food? Try to change your cooking. No man jokes with food.
23A) Do you like a kind of cooked food? Then grab the goddamn pan and make it, you lazy JERK. And once in a while ask what your wife likes and surprise her with breakfast in bed.
24) Never be too demanding to your husband, enjoy every moment, resource as it comes.
24A) Difficult as it may sound, try never being too demanding of your wife, enjoy every moment, resource as it comes.
25) Make a glass of water the very first welcome to your husband and everyone entering your home. The sweetness of attitude is a true beauty.
25A) Your wife will welcome you with a glass of water the moment you enter the home, even if you ask her to stop doing it. Show your thankfulness once in a while. Also, consider doing the same for her. Little things like these make her happy too, you know.
26) Don’t associate with women who have a wrong mental attitude about marriage.
26A) Don’t associate with men who think they own their wives in their marriage.
27) Your marriage is as valuable to you as the value that you give it. Recklessness is unacceptable.
27A) So if “Recklessness” is your middle name, change it.
28) A confrontational wife can never keep a good husband and her home, she will be grooming irresponsible daughters without manners.
28A) A wife who confronts you in private is trying to resolve matters peacefully. Your being a “Good husband” is independent of it. And you are equally responsible for grooming and moulding your daughters’ personality. So try to be idol-worthy.
29) A woman who cannot manage her children, home and husband is a complete failure in life no matter her achievements.
29A) A man who thinks that a woman who cannot manage her children, home and husband is a complete failure in life, no matter her achievements, is a complete failure in life.
30) A wise woman honours her husband, and respect him, in turn, the husband will cherish her and love her dearly — it will be natural. Husband is a beautiful gift from God, no woman can stay without a husband. No good man on earth can tolerate a confrontational and argumentative wife except they have lost their value and become less of a real man.
30A) A wise man honours his wife and respects her. In turn, the wife will respect, cherish and love him dearly — it will be natural. A Wife is a beautiful gift from God, though a woman can stay without a husband. No woman on earth can tolerate a Male chauvinist, authoritative husband except if they have lost their self-respect or are completely helpless.
31) Fruit of the womb is a blessing from the Lord, love your children and teach them well.
31A) Amen to that.
32) You are never too old to influence your home. Never reduce your care for your family for any reason.
32A) So be a good influence.
33) A prayerful wife is very wise and intelligent and she is a better-equipped wife, pray always for your husband and family. Conquer all your challenges and problems with prayers, only God can solve our problems — not parent, not scholars not anybody but, only God and then you
33A) Being “prayerful” or religious isn’t enough. God gives you the faith and courage to face your problems. Remember, God helps only those who help themselves. Pray together and ask for the strength to face your difficulties. Then, it’s completely your job to make your life wonderful.
Send it to every woman you know. You never know whose marriage you are about to save. And to every man so that the women in their lives can be better guided.
Send it to every man you know. You never know whose misconceptions you are about to clear or brain damage you are about to cure. And to every woman so that the men in their lives can be better educated and enlightened.